This Page will help you understand how you can set up a printer normally at home. It will guide you through the basic steps to install a printer
Connecting your printer
To install a printer
To install (add) a local printer
- Click on the Start button and then, on the Start menu, click Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer.
- In the Add Printer wizard, click Add a local printer.
- On the Choose a printer port page, make sure that the Use an existing port button and the recommended printer port are selected and then click Next.
- On the Install the printer driver page, select the printer manufacturer and model and then click Next.
- If your printer isn’t listed, click Windows Update, and then wait while Windows checks for additional drivers.
- If none are available and you have the installation CD, click Have Disk, and then browse to the folder where the printer driver is located. (For additional help, consult the printer manually.)
- Complete the additional steps in the wizard, and then click Finish.